The promoter of this competition is Deakin University Student Association ABN 95 022653791 of Building H, 221 Burwood Hwy, Burwood VIC 3125.
1. Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
2. This competition is governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria, Australia.
3. The competition is free to enter and multiple submissions are accepted. Students must complete and submit an entry in the manner set out in the Terms and Conditions.
4. Staff employed by Deakin University or DUSA and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the competition.
5. Deakin students must be enrolled at the time of entry and have a Deakin email address.
6. The competition period across all campuses is 22nd August 2022 to 7th October 2022
7. Competition winner(s) will receive:
8. The total prize pool is $927
Submission Requirements and Design
9. The submission/s must be a jpeg image of good quality and free of any copyright or ethical (e.g., plagiarism) violations. All submissions received during the competition period, may be used across DUSA Social Media, the DUSA website and be used for other promotional materials during the competition period, and in future Deakin teaching periods.
10. The submission must address academic integrity and be educational. Specifically, submissions that promote the fundamental values of integrity: honesty, trust, fairness, respect, responsibility, and courage; and what it means to act with integrity even in the face of stress, pressure or disappointment. Submissions can address academic, research, or professional integrity
11. Any participants in the submission must be acknowledged and have given explicit permission to be included.
12. Submissions must be free of any curse words, bias and hate.
13. Submissions must be submitted through an Entry Form that gives the title of your entry, the name of the author, a 50 word statement of rationale, and acknowledgements listing all sources used in the creation of the submission.
14. The author of the submission must acknowledge agreement to the Terms and Conditions of the contest by checking the appropriate box on the Entry Form, affirming that they have abided by the terms and conditions for this contest.
Selection and Notification of Winner
15. DUSA reserves the right to disqualify any submissions that do not reasonably appeal to the topic of academic integrity.
16. DUSA reserves the right to cancel or modify this competition, not distribute any awards, or not publish any submission.
17. Submissions will be judged on:
a. Theme: does the submission address why academic integrity is important? We are specifically looking for creative submissions that promote the fundamental values of integrity: honesty, trust, fairness, respect, responsibility, and courage; and what it means to act with integrity even in the face of stress, pressure or disappointment. Submissions can address academic, research, or professional integrity.
b. Focus: is the submission either educational (e.g., teaching students about academic integrity or professional ethics; teaching students the threats to education because of academic integrity breaches) or promotional (e.g., encouraging students not to cheat; encouraging students to “do something, say something” about cheating; convincing faculty to teach academic integrity and/or respond to cheating);
c. Originality: was the submission created specifically for this contest and free of any copyright or ethical (e.g., plagiarism) violations; and,
d. Creativity: does the submission take an interesting and novel approach to conveying the message (e.g., a humorous slant on convincing students to act with integrity or an image that is impactful)
18. The Winner will be judged by a panel of DUSA Advocates and Student Representatives on Wednesday the 12th of October, 2022.
19. The Winner will be contacted via phone and email
20. The Winner will be published on the DUSA website and the DUSA Facebook and Instagram in the competition post.
21. The Winner will be able to pick-up their prize from their nearest campus front of house.
22. The Winner must be 18 years and over.
23. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. DUSA’s decision is final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into. DUSA accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
24. Entrants consent to DUSA using their name, image or voice for promotional purposes. Entrants agree to make themselves available for a photograph and interview in the event that theirs is the winning entry and if requested by DUSA.
25. The Winner consents to their name and photograph being published on DUSA social media and other digital channels if requested to in any and all forms as determined by the Division of Student Life.
Privacy Collection, Use and Disclosure Statement
These guidelines were adapted from the IDOA International Day of Action Against Contract Cheating 2021 Student Meme Contest. The IDOI competition guide which can be found at https://academicintegrity.org/images/events/2021_IDOA_MEME_Contest_Guidelines.pdf