Congratulations to our winner - Emily Russell. Bon Voyage Emily! We look forward to hearing all about your trip to Europe.
WIN 2 x return Economy Class tickets to any of Qatar Airways’ operated destinations in Europe.
Terms & Conditions
The promoter of this competition is Deakin University Student Association Inc, ABN 95 022 653 791 of Building H, 221 Burwood Hwy, Burwood VIC 3125 (DUSA).
1. Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
2. This competition is governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria, Australia.
3. The competition is free to enter and is open to Deakin University students who are new or existing DUSA members during the period 10 July 2023 to 31 August 2023. These DUSA members must also register or be an existing member of Qatar Airways Student Club (if aged between 18-30) or Qatar Airways Privilege Club (if aged over 30) between the period 10 July 2023 to 31 August 2023.
To be eligible, students must complete and submit an entry in the manner set out in clause 8 of these Terms and Conditions.
4. Staff employed by Deakin University, DUSA or Qatar Airways Group Q.C.S.C (Qatar Airways) and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the competition. Deakin University English Language Institute members, Deakin College members, DUSA Associate members and DUSA Student Council and Student Reps who are paid an honorarium by DUSA are not eligible to enter the competition.
5. The competition will commence on Monday 10 July 2023 and conclude at 11.59 pm AEST on Thursday 31 August 2023.
6. There will be one competition winner.
The winner will receive two (2) return Economy class tickets from the departure city of their choice to any destination in Europe operated by Qatar Airways at the time of booking. The flight (including departure point and destination) must be marketed and operated by Qatar Airways.
Tickets must be claimed and booked by the winner by 30 November 2023. Claim and book by dates may be extended at Qatar Airways’ discretion, subject to Australian Government travel restrictions.
The prize consists of flights only. Spending money, accommodation, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature and all other expenses and ancillary costs are not included in the prize.
Subject to booking and flight availability and confirmation may not be immediate. Blackout periods may apply. Travel must be completed by 18 September 2024 and is subject to any exclusions and/or blackout periods.
Availability may be further limited by travel restrictions and exceptional circumstances, including but not limited to epidemics and pandemics. Winner and companions are advised to check government travel advice before booking and embarking on any travel.
The winner and their companion are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation. The winner and their companion must travel to and from the same destination and travel together.
Frequent flyer points will not be awarded as part of the Prize.
7. The total prize pool is up to $8,000 AUD depending on departure point, destination and travel dates.
How to Enter
8. Entrants must:
(a) be following DUSA on Facebook and Instagram (@yourdusa);
(b) be a current DUSA member between the period of 10 July 2023 to 31 August 2023;
(c) on the entry form located at www.surveymonkey.com/r/qatarcomp2023, complete the Survey Monkey Form and tell us in 25 words or less what is your favourite destination in Europe and why;
(d) either be an existing Qatar Airways Student Club member or register as a new member of the Qatar Airways Student Club (in the case of DUSA members between the age of 18-30) by fully completing and submitting the registration form at www.qatarairways.com/en-au/Privilege-Club/student-club-join-now.html?promoCode=DEAKINSC23 during the period 10 July 2023 and 31 August 2023, and verify their email address; OR be an existing Qatar Airways Privilege Club member or register as a member of the Qatar Airways Privilege Club (in the case of DUSA members over the age of 30) by fully completing and submitting the registration form at www.qatarairways.com/en-au/Privilege-Club/join-now.html?promoCode=DEAKINPC23 during the period 10 July 2023 and 31 August 2023 and verify their email address.
9. Entrants who satisfy the eligibility requirements in clause 3 and complete the steps in clause 8 will receive one entry. There is a limit of one entry per eligible entrant.
Selection and Notification of Winner
10. There will be one competition winner, chosen by a panel of judges consisting of: (a) DUSA’s current President; (b) DUSA’s General Manager; and (c) Qatar Airways’ Loyalty Manager, Australasia and North Asia. DUSA and Qatar Airways reserve the right to nominate alternative representatives as judges in their absolute discretion. Entries will be judged based on the creativity and originality of their answer to the promotional question in clause 8(c).
11. The best entry, as determined by the judges in their absolute discretion, will be named as the winner. The judges may select the next best entries as reserve winners to be awarded the prize in the event the original winner does not claim the prize or is deemed ineligible.
12. The winner will be contacted by phone on 15 September 2023.
13. The winner's name will be published on the DUSA website (www.dusa.org.au) and the DUSA Facebook (www.facebook.com/YourDUSA/) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/yourdusa) pages by 22 September 2023.
14. The promoter's decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
15. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize (or part thereof). Prize value is in Australian dollars. The winner is advised that tax implications may arise from winning the prize and the winner may wish to seek independent financial advice before accepting the prize.
16. Travel must be completed by 18 September 2024, subject to any exclusions and/or blackout periods. The prize is subject to the restrictions set out in clause 6. All expenses incurred in accepting the prize, other than those expressly stated as being part of the prize, are the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companion, as incurred. If, for any reason, the winner does not take the prize or an element of the prize by the time stipulated by the promoter or Qatar Airways, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited.
17. The winner and their travelling companion must be at least 18 years and over.
18. The winner must comply with the Student Code of Conduct, which is accessible at https://policy.deakin.edu.au/view.current.php?id=00192, at all times while taking the prize trip.
19. DUSA accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
20. Entrants consent to DUSA and Qatar Airways using their name, likeness, image and voice for promotional purposes. Entrants agree to make themselves available for a photograph and interview in the event that theirs is the winning entry and if requested by DUSA.
21. Winner agrees to post images and video of the trip to the winner's social media feeds via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and tagging #yourdusa or @yourdusa as a condition of accepting the prize. Winner grants DUSA and Qatar Airways a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, worldwide licence (including the right to sublicense) to use, edit, exhibit and reproduce the posted images and videos by any means whatsoever (including, without limitation, in print and electronic format) for any purpose, and consents to uses that would otherwise infringe the winner's moral rights. Posts must not: (a) invade the privacy of any person; (b) infringe the intellectual property or moral rights of any third party; (c) depict or promote risk-taking behaviour; or (d) depict or promote any illegal, obscene, offensive, indecent, discriminatory, otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content, including without limitation nudity, drug use or excessive consumption of alcohol.
22. Winner and their companion consent to their name and photograph being published on DUSA social media and other digital channels and in any and all forms as determined by DUSA and Qatar Airways.
23. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who the promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or improper conduct calculated to interfere with the fair and proper conduct of the competition.
24. Any cost associated with accessing a website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
25. If for any reason the competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
26. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the promoter and Qatar Airways (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (howsoever caused), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition.
27. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the promoter and Qatar Airways (including their respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (howsoever caused), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the promoter or Qatar Airways) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
28. To be eligible to be awarded the prize and participate in the trip, the winner must procure that their companion will, if required by the promoter, sign a legal release in respect of any liability excluded under these Terms and Conditions and a publicity consent reflecting the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
29. The Promoter holds the benefit of each release and limitation of liability in these Terms and Conditions for and on behalf of Qatar Airways.
Privacy Collection, Use and Disclosure Statement
Qatar Airways collects the personal data from the Qatar Airways Student Club registration form for the purposes of administering the Qatar Airways Student Club and coordinating redemption of the prize. Qatar Airways also collects the personal data from the Qatar Airways Privilege Club registration form for the purposes of administering the Qatar Airways Privilege Club and coordinating redemption of the prize. In addition, if the entrant opted in on the registration form, Qatar Airways may for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the personal data for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. To the extent applicable, personal data will be processed in accordance with Qatar Airways Privacy Notice (as may be amended from time to time) located at www.qatarairways.com/en/legal/privacy.html. The Privacy Notice contains information about how individuals may contact Qatar Airways to access, update or correct personal data held by Qatar Airways or complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or other applicable privacy law. Qatar Airways may disclose personal data internationally throughout Qatar Airways' Group and to data processors as described in its Privacy Notice.