Re-emergence Art Comp 2021 Terms & Conditions
The promoter of this competition is Deakin University Student Association ABN 95 022653791 of Building H, 221 Burwood Hwy, Burwood VIC 3125.
1. Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
2. This competition is governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria, Australia.
3. The competition is free to enter and is open to current DUSA members. Students must complete and submit an entry in the manner set out in the Terms and Conditions.
4. Staff employed by Deakin University or DUSA and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the competition.
5. The artwork submitted must be a reflection or relevant to Deakin’s student life in the new ‘covid-normal’ and their experience of eased social restrictions, or ‘social re-emergence'.
6. The competition will be publicised (W4 (06/08) T2)
7. The competition period across all campuses is open from (W4 (06/08) T2) to (W7: 03/09 T2)
8. The winner will be notified via email.
9. The winning piece will be publicised after 01/10
10. Competition winner(s) will receive a prize of the following:
- One x First Place - $300.00
- Two x Second Place - $150.00
- Two x Special Mention - $100.00
11. The total prize pool is $800
How to Enter
12. Entrants must be a current Deakin student.
13. Entrants must
- Submit artwork by (W7: 03/09 T2)
- Enter one submission per student per category
- Each submission to include student number and campus
- Visual submissions must be JPEG, PNG, or PDF
- Video and/or audio submissions must not exceed 30 seconds in duration, and submitted via email, if necessary, accompanied by a link to high-res version
- Students to submit by emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- All submissions must comply with multi-media criteria, and be accompanied by a short statement outlining the mixed media used, and a statement of artistic expression
- Statement of artistic expression to not exceed 300 characters
- All submissions must adhere to Deakin and DUSA standards, policy, and code of conduct
Selection and Notification of Winner
14. Entries will be judged by Panel of DUSA Reps made up of at minimum four reps, one representative from each campus committee, maximum 7 reps
15. Winners will be decided via Panel vote
16. Winners will be contacted via email between (W8: 11/09)
17. Winners will be published on the DUSA website and the DUSA Facebook and Instagram in the competition post.
18. Winners’ prize will be transferred via direct deposit within 14 days of DUSA receiving winners’ banking details
19. All winners and their guests must be 18 years and over.
20. All participants must comply with the Student Code of Conduct.
21. DUSA’s decision is final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into. DUSA accepts no responsibility for late, lost, or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated, or tampered with in any way.
22. Entrant’s consent to DUSA using their name, image, or voice for promotional purposes. Entrants agree to make themselves available for a photograph and interview in the event that theirs is the winning entry and if requested by DUSA.
23. Winner’s consent to posting images and video of the match to their social media feeds via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and tagging #yourdusa or @yourdusa.
24. Winner’s consent to their name and photograph being published on DUSA social media and other digital channels if requested to in any and all forms as determined by the Division of Student Life.
Privacy Collection, Use and Disclosure Statement
Submissions that contain mature content such as nudity, gore, profanity that may offend some viewers or readers may not be judged or displayed publicly on Deakin or DUSA social media.