Student Advocacy and Support Service: Create your integrity campaign and competition
Terms & Conditions
The promoter of this competition is Deakin University Student Association ABN 95 022653791 of Building H, 221 Burwood Hwy, Burwood, VIC 3125.
1. Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
2. This competition is governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria, Australia.
3. The competition is free to enter and is strictly open to current Deakin students. Students must complete and submit an entry in the manner set out in the Terms and Conditions.
4. Staff employed by Deakin University or DUSA, Student Council, and their immediate family members, are not eligible to enter the competition.
5. The competition period across all campuses and online is Monday, 2nd August 2021 10AM – Friday, 1st October 2021 5PM.
6. Competition winner(s) will receive a MasterCard Gift Card. 1st place receives $500 value MasterCard Gift Card, 2nd place receives $200 value MasterCard Gift Card, and 3rd place receives $100 value MasterCard Gift Card.
7. All videos used by the DUSA Advocacy team throughout Trimester 2 in promotional material will receive a $50 Coles Myer Gift Card for their successful entry, with the opportunity to win an above mentioned prize in addition.
8. The first 10 entrants who submit 3 separate entries to address each question (3 videos equals 1 entry) will receive a $75 Coles Myer Gift Card.
9. The total prize pool is $800.
How to Enter
10. Entrants must follow the instructions outlined on the DUSA website for submitting videos and address the questions outlined. Entrants will be required to submit 3 separate entries to address each question; 3 videos equals 1 entry. Entrants must complete the consent form in order to participate and to be eligible for the competition winner(s) prizes, the $75 Coles Myer Gift Card prize for the first 10 entrants and the $50 Coles Myer Gift Card if their video is used.
Selection and Notification of Winner
11. The videos will be used throughout Trimester 2, 2021 and post Trimester 2, 2021 ongoing.
12. The videos may be used during and post Trimester 2 2021 on websites including the DUSA website and Deakin website, in presentations, and on social media including Instagram, Facebook and YouTube.
13. The competition winners will be selected on Wednesday the 6th of October 2021, and announced on Friday the 8th of October 2021 via social media and Deakin email address (sent to the winners only).
14. Winners will be selected by a panel of Advocates.
15. If submissions are not deemed appropriate for use, not all prizes will be allocated as this is dependent on the number of entries and their quality.
16. Winners will be contacted via email.
17. Winners might be published on the DUSA website and the DUSA Facebook and Instagram in the competition post.
18. The Advocacy team will contact winners directly via their Deakin student email to inquire about the type of voucher they are after, and an electronic voucher will be emailed to the student.
19. All winners must be 18 years and over.
20. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. DUSA’s decision is final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into. DUSA accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
21. Entrants consent to DUSA using their video, name, image or voice for promotional purposes and on-going DUSA campaigns and materials. Entrants agree to make themselves available for a photograph and interview in the event that theirs is the winning entry and if requested by DUSA.
22. Winners consent to posting images and video to their social media feeds via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and tagging #yourdusa or @yourdusa.
23. Winners consent to their name and photograph being published on DUSA social media and other digital channels if requested to in any and all forms as determined by the Division of Student Life.
Privacy Collection, Use and Disclosure Statement