DUSA’s Student Advocacy and Support Service assists many students who have received an Academic Progress email from a Deakin faculty committee. If you have received an email proposing exclusion from your course, you don’t need to go through this alone. We're here to help.
DUSA’s Student Advocacy and Support Service assists many students who have received an Academic Progress email from a Deakin faculty committee. We understand that circumstances can impact on your ability to pass units. These circumstances may be related to health, wellbeing, finances, family, or academic issues. When you are unable to pass certain units, or to meet conditions that were previously placed on your enrolment, or you have exceeded the maximum timeframe to complete your course, your faculty may propose to exclude you from your course. You can access the Deakin Academic Progress Policy here.
If you have received a Exclusion Proposal letter, an Advocate can:
- Assist you to understand the proposal letter and the process of responding.
- Support you to consider the possible courses of action available to you.
- Provide advice about services that are relevant to your personal individual circumstances so you can access support if you want to.
If you decide to apply for an Academic Progress Review, an Advocate can:
- Assist you to work out what information and supporting documents to include in your written submission.
- Review your draft written submission, you can access our Exclusion Proposal Written Submission Template here, and provide you with suggestions about how to strengthen it.
- Assist you to prepare for your Review Meeting.
- Accompany you to the Review Meeting as your support person.
If you would like to further support however are not sure where to go or who to ask:
- Deakin University also has a wide range of supports available regarding academic, health and wellbeing, and personal matters.
- You can visit our Support Services webpage for more detailed information.
- If you are not sure what support is best for you, we can provide you with additional information and referrals, please contact us for more information.
If you have received an Outcome Letter regarding the Faculty Committees decision and would like to appeal: