Scholarships for 2021 have been allocated. Please check this page at a later date for updated information about 2022 Scholarships.
Our scholarship recipients receive a DUSA Gold Membership 2021 and your choice of items up to the value of $3000:
- Travel assistance (Annual general parking permit/public transport/MYKI/ Fuel Voucher)
- Deakin Card Top Up which can be used for services such as printing, photocopying, binding, purchase of textbooks supplied through the DUSA Bookshop or food purchases
- One academic year
- Number of Scholarships
- A total of 11 scholarships will be offered, awarded across all campuses to continuing students.
The allocation will consist of:
- Three at the Burwood Campus
- Two at the Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
- Two at the Geelong Waterfront Campus
- Two at the Warrnambool Campus
- Two to Cloud enrolled students
To be eligible for this scholarship you must (all conditions must be met):
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a currently enrolled (continuing) student, enrolled full time in an undergraduate Bachelor or postgraduate Masters (Course Work) degree in a Commonwealth supported place. Full time enrolment requires students to be enrolled in a minimum 6 credit points over 2 teaching periods.
- be able to demonstrate a combination of economic and social or geographical disadvantage
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 50
- Selection Criteria
- Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application including:
- Personal – details of living arrangements and employment (must include annual income).
- Financial – details of assets and savings (bank accounts etc.).
- Information regarding any hardship you face.
- How the scholarship will benefit you.
If you are successful you will be required to provide a written statement in Trimester 1, 2021 highlighting the impact receiving this support has had on you personally and the potential benefit on your studies during the year for a case study and/or reporting purposes.
As part of the application process you will also be required to provide supporting documentation.
The supporting documentation required includes:
- Evidence of any hardship you are experiencing,
- Details of your living arrangements and employment (must include your annual income),
- Details of assets and savings (bank accounts etc.),
- Evidence of Centrelink income,
- Confirmation of enrolment from Deakin University.
How to apply
Apply for this scholarship through Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
Visit our applicant portal
Opening & Closing Date
- Applications for Trimester 1 2021 open 31st August 2020.
- Applications for Trimester 1 2021 close 11th January 2021 at 5pm EST.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation. You’ll find out if you were successful some time after applications close with items dispensed prior to Trimester 1 2021.