As the world is slowly returning back to normal, it is important we go back to a happy and healthy society. One of the ways to help achieve this is by being kind to one another. Acts of kindness can boost feelings of confidence, happiness, and optimism in both the person being kind, and the person on the receiving end. By being kind to others, you can encourage people to repeat the good deeds they've experienced, which will create a more positive community.
Here are 10 simple tips to start making kindness part of your everyday life
1. Send an uplifting text to a friend or family member
2. Include intentional moments of kindness, laughter, and delight in your daily routine
3. Go out of your comfort zone at least once a day to make someone smile
4. Share a compliment with a friend, family member, or co-worker
5. Reach out to a family member you haven’t spoken to in a while
6. Treat someone to a cup of coffee (a friend, stranger, or even yourself!)
7. Look at yourself in the mirror and compliment yourself
8. Let someone with less items than you go first at the supermarket
9. Look up from your phone and acknowledge people you pass in the street
10. Let someone merge into traffic with a wave and a smile
By adding these little acts of kindness into your everyday routine, you can help make the world a brighter and better place.