What is an appeal of a remission/refund of debt in special circumstances decision?
- Students who apply to Deakin University for Remission/Refund of Debt in Special Circumstances and their application is unsuccessful can request an internal review of the decision.
- Note: If you have not yet applied for Remission/Refund of Debt in Special Circumstances, please see the Deakin website for links to detailed information about eligibility and the application forms: deakin.edu.au/students/enrolment-fees-and-money/fees (DUSA Advocates can assist you with your application.)
My remission/refund was not successful. What should I do now?
- Read the ‘Notice of Decision’ letter very carefully. The letter should indicate which eligibility criteria your application has not met and the reasons given for this decision.
- Consider whether you are satisfied with the decision or not.
- You have the opportunity to appeal the outcome within 28 days of receiving notification of the decision.
- Consider contacting a DUSA Advocate for advice and assistance.
What should I include in my appeal?
- Address each of the eligibility criteria that the you didn't meet in your original Remission/Refund of Debt in Special Circumstances application according to the 'Notice of Decision' letter.
- Attach new additional supporting documentation that you did not include in your original application.
What happens if I don't appeal the decision within 28 days?
- The outcome will remain unchanged.
How do I submit an appeal to Deakin University?
- Complete the online 'Request for Internal Review' form at: deakin.edu.au/students/enrolment-fees-and-money/fees/request-for-internal-review
- DUSA Advocates recommend you read the online form, then draft your responses to the main questions offline, before copying and pasting your finalised responses into the online form.
- DUSA Advocates recommend you keep a copy of your submission for your own records.
When will I know the outcome of my appeal?
- You should receive the outcome within 28 days of Deakin University receiving your appeal.
How can DUSA advocates help me?
DUSA Advocates can:
- Assist you to understand the outcome, the appeal process, the additional documentation that you could provide with your appeal, and the possible outcomes of your appeal;
- Review your draft appeal and new supporting documentation and provide feedback;
- Provide you with information about other university processes that may be helpful to you;
- Refer you to relevant support services both within Deakin University and externally, such as Financial Counselling.
Note: Unfortunately it is not possible to appeal an unchanged grade from a successful application, however a DUSA Advocate can advise on your options.